Tejas Eye Hospital was inaugurated on 22nd May 2011.
Hospital has total 16000 sq. ft. area including ground floor and first floor. Facilities available are :-
- 100 beds indoor unit.
- Day care ward
- Semi special room with two beds and two air conditioned special rooms
- Separate isolation ward for infective patients
- Round the clock emergency services
- Comfortable waiting area with TV
- 5 well equipped operation theatres
- Well equippedspeciality clinics for retina, cornea, glaucoma, paediatricpatients,low vision, neuro ophthalmology, oculoplasty, sonography, laser etc.
- Facility for general anaesthesia
- Laboratory facility
- Janseva Medical and optical store where drugs and spectacles are provided at subsidized rates
- Lift for patients
- Kitchen and dining facility (Kasturibhojanshala) – free to patient and one relative and at subsidized rates for OPD patients
- Library with spiritual and other books
- Mineral water plant and cooler for drinking water facility
- 35 KVA and 15 KVA Diesel Generator units
- TV in wards and OPD for entertainment of patients and relatives
- Availability of reading material in OPD and wards
- Daily OPD and OT is being run – average OPD attendance is 150+.
- In 11 years’ time, we have performed more than 1,00,000 surgeries.
- Fourteen full time Ophthalmologists are working in the hospital including a retina- cornea cum research, glaucoma and paediatric consultants.
- Diagnostic eye camps are being conducted thrice in a week in the nearby areas – particularly the interior rural villages and operative patients are being brought to the base hospital in Mandvi. These camps are being conducted in Surat dist., adjacent tribal areas of Bharuch, Narmada, Tapi, Dang and Navsari districts. There are no other eye care facilities in these areas.
- We are using our 40 seater bus for the transportation of the patients to and from the camp site to the hospital.
- Total population covered is approximately 2.5 million.
- We envisage doing more than 13000 surgeries in the current year.
- All poor patients particularly from Scheduled tribes with BPL card, are being treated totally free. About 75% indoor patients have been treated totally free till now.
- 80% of our indoor patients are tribal and 90% of the surgeries on tribal patients has been performed totally free.
- Specialty services in the sub specialties of eye care viz. Retina, Glaucoma, Cornea, Squint, Paediatric, Neuro Ophthalmology, oculoplasty, Low vision etc. have been set up and the consultants in respective fields have started coming at regular interval. The work load for them is also quite high.
- Full time retina services are available since January 2012. Workload is quite high in retina clinic. Patients are getting referred from far off places particularly when they can’t afford the cost of treatment.
- Glaucoma specialist is also available on full time basis from Nov. 2013 and workload is increasing in glaucoma also.
- Recently, full time paediatric ophthalmologist has also joined us.
- Medicines and spectacles are also made available at subsidized rates in the hospital itself. Good no. of patients are taking benefits of the facility
Netrajyoti training centre:-
Long term training of Ophthalmologists:-
- One & a half years cornea, retina, glaucoma and paediatric ophthalmology fellowship
- One & a half years comprehensive fellowship
Short term training of Ophthalmologists:-
- Two months SICS fellowship
- One month Phacoemulsification fellowship
- Two months medical retina fellowship
- One month glaucoma observership
Diwali Ba Optometry College :-
- Four years Bachelor Degree Programme
Research activities :-
- Both epidemiological studies and clinical trials
Networking and consultancy
Attempt to remain eco friendly
- Thrice a week diagnostic eye camps in a radius of 125 kms around covering a population of 2.5 million
- Operating at Netrang and Jhankhvav CHCs under public private partnership with the Govt. of Gujarat
- C.V. Shah eye hospital managed by Divyajoyti trust at Vyara.
- Eight vision centres – Umarpada, Dediapada, Sagbara, Uchchal, Khapar, Kim, Kosamba and Bardoli
- Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Programme for incurably blind persons – 450 incurably blind people rehabilitated in Mandvi, Umarpada, Mangrol and Vyara talukas
- Integrated education programme for blind children of Mandvi, Umarpada and mangrol talukas with the help of a braille teacher.
- Vivekananda Pragnyachakshu Bhavan - Hostel for blind children.